Fedora HCL guide writers?

Philip Johnson plasticmonkey at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 14:50:19 UTC 2005

On 6/8/05, Colin Charles <byte at aeon.com.my> wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 10:46 -0700, Chidananda Jayakeerti wrote:
> > I always wished I could lookup Fedora HCL before making hardware
> > purchasing decisions and lack of availability of such a guide pushed
> > me to googling.
>
> Please look at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki and search for HCL. We have
> one, really, but it never took off

It was me and Doncho working on it but we abandoned the wiki version.
Too long winded and not suitable for what we envisioned. I'm currently
trying to get ubuntu's hardware collection tool working on Fedora
(well actually its sorting out the way it uploads files) and then
(hopefully) we should be one step further.

> If you're interested in pursuing it further (its a thankless task),
> don't hesitate to holler

Holler! We could do with as many extra hands as possible :) Email me
or Doncho and I'm sure we'll fill you in with what we've done so far
and what we hope to do :) And of course your input will be more than
welcome.

Regards,
--
Philip Johnson (PlasticMonkey)