HCL Considered Harmful [Re: Fedora HCL guide writers?]

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Tue Jun 14 13:49:55 UTC 2005

Uttered Max Kanat-Alexander <max_list at fedorafaq.org>, spake thus:

> 	I still actually think that the solution to the HCL problem is the
> "Fedora Hardware Project" that I proposed eons and eons ago, but I never
> actually got around to working on. I think the original spec is still up
> at my (now very old) site:
> 	http://people.ucsc.edu/~maxka/fhp/
>  Basically, it makes an sort of "unofficial" HCL through participation
> of the Fedora community. I think it's a very Fedora-like solution.

I think a Wiki-like page somewhere that lets contributors record
their experiences with particular hardware would be helpful.  I agree
with you, this is best handled as a non-official project.

Cheers