Status of Fedora docs

Elliot Lee sopwith at redhat.com
Wed Mar 9 00:45:22 UTC 2005

On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> unfortunately not. fedora docs are to be licensed under GNU FDL. RHEL
> docs are licensed under OPL and these two licenses are incompatible with
> each other which means we will have to rewrite them for fedora from
> scratch . If RHEL docs cannot be relicensed under GNU FDL for any reason
> (I would like to know why)

I don't know if it is impossible, but it would be difficult to effect, and
take so much time that the issue would be irrelevant by the time the
change happened.

> then it would be a better idea to allow fedora docs to be licensed under
> OPL

It may be that Fedora docs do not need to be under the FDL. It would be
interesting to know where this policy is laid out, and the reasoning
behind it.

-- Elliot