Fedora Installation Guide Schedule

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 13:34:09 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-09 at 02:01 +0000, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> > However, injecting a discussion of LVM (or RAID) into the procedural
> > flow about how to use the anaconda installer is a bit distracting,
> > though.
>
> Yes, thinking about it these concepts are advanced however you document
> them (manual partitioning is probably an advanced topic, as a whole), so
> probably ought to be pushed out to an Appendix as much as possible.  The
> only reason that I routinely go through the manual partitioning on
> workstations is get /home away from the root partition.

If I didn't feel that replies like "+1" were injurious to the continued
existence of the English language, I'd write that here. The only quibble
I have with anaconda is the fact that automatic partitioning doesn't
create a /home partition. All the beginners I know hate it when they
realize that their naive initial setup forces them to repartition later
when they know what they are doing.

--
Paul W. Frields, RHCE