Callout style + error

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon May 16 17:36:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 07:17 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:

> AFAICT, there has not been a position taken on callouts.  The
> impaired-reader issue is best solved by adding audio content because
> even with text-to-audio support NONE of the pictures and such can be
> rendered to audio, though pehaps the <textobject> tag might be picked
> up.  DocBook has special audio-related tags when or if we get round
> to making an audio translation of the material.

We don't have a position, but they are useful when you have lots of code
or the like to refer back to.

I've used them when documenting the (former) Red Hat CMS product.

> Perhaps we could get Garrett LeSage, who did the "stylesheet-images/"
> icons for us, to render some peachy-keen callout digits.  If not, I
> could probably SVG a few.

He actually did some up for us way back when.  They look the standard
callouts in /usr/share/sgml/docbook/xsl-stylesheets/images/callouts,
with a soft dropshadow on them.

I'll figure out their disposition and, if possible, put them in CVS.
Otherwise, Thomas can use the standard ones in the meantime.

> As for the crappy archive searches: YES!  My solution was to get a
> gmail.com account and subscribe to the list from there in addition to
> my "working" account on my desktop.  That lets me use their nifty
> search tools to scan the archives.

Oh, yeah, that's what I do, sub'd to f-*-l.  I also have my gmail.com
account set to watch kwade at redhat.com in bugzilla.redhat.com, so now I
have my own personal Google search tool. :)

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide