CMS use cases

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Tue Nov 22 23:56:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 18:35 -0500, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> Wikis often have poor navigation.  The current moinmoin wiki definitely
> has poor navigation.  A good CMS should have some sense of hierarchy
> available, imho.

I agree. That what kind of what I was driving at... MoinMoin is designed
to be unstructured to match the Wiki way of working (throw down stuff as
you need it). We can beat the current set of pages into a particular
shape, and use the technical functions to do CMS stuff, but it will
always encourage a loose structure, and contributors will always treat
it as a Wiki rather than a standard heirarchical site.

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA