Re: [RFC] Packaging technology update

Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster gmail com>, spake thus:

> On the other hand, a RPM %changelog often has more than one
> explanatory line for details.  I will try my hand at this one if
> you agree, since I don't want to try your patience, and since I
> want to see if I understand the concept well enough to DIY.  (DIM?)

Go ahead and welcome.  I just didn't have time to investigate line
wrapping the %changelog entries, but I'd be happy for your to take a
swing.

> I suppose, thanks to your display of XML skillz, we can even validate
> this info during the build process to make sure nothing breaks!  Sweet.

BTW, order matters in the %changelog entries.  I always take the
version and release numbers from the very first <revision> element.
That's why there is that mandatory, only-one-alternative "ordered="
attribute; it's really documentation.

Cheers