{RFC] XSLT for draft watermarking?

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 18:44:57 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 11:41 -0600, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Does this mean that document authors can't generate official document
> renderings?  Yes, if by that you mean "Fedora Documentation Project"
> official copies.  Anyone wanting to produce their own published
> renderings are free to take the "fedora-draft.css" stylesheet and
> edit as desired.
>
> I would agree to change the XSLT and Makefile.common stuff to
> reference "fedora.css" and to make "fedora.css" a symlink to the
> "fedora-draft.css" file.  That would make switching the CSS
> stylesheet easier because a change would not corrupt the local CVS
> image.

All sounds great to me!  As someone using the fedora/docs-common
toolchain for internal process documentation, I would very much like the
ability to overload with a custom *production* css.  As you suggest, I
think it makes sense to not have that information live in the document.
I like the XSLHTML and XSLHTMLNOCHUNK environment variable approach
because it allows us to keep in sync with fdp docs-common and use our
own xsl tweaks when it comes to *production*.

I made a few Makefile.common changes that allow for passing in a CSS env
var that points to a css file.  That file is then copied over as
fedora.css.  I would have liked to use ${DOCBASE}.css but I can't figure
out how to use variables in the html-common.xsl.  I have attached those
changes just to show where I was headed.

Thoughts/concerns?

Thanks,
James Laska
 James Laska         -- jlaska at redhat.com