Request for Review - Fedora Security Basics

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:20:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-10 at 14:19 +0200, Felipe Alfaro Solana wrote:
> > I would think, however, that this sort of topic, and additional security
> > measures, could and should be covered in a more comprehensive security
> > guide.  As Rahul mentioned, there is a Hardening Tutorial in CVS.  Maybe
> > you should offer to participate with the author to bring this document
> > up to snuff.  As I recall, no editor has yet stepped up to work on it.
> > Stuart has started some security material on the wiki as well.  Instead
> > of having several efforts floating around in various forms, maybe the
> > three of you (Stuart, Felipe, and Charles Heselton, author of the
> > hardening tutorial) can put your heads *together* and work on something
> > more comprehensive!  Three heads are better than one, and all that...
>
> I would like to add my few cents but sincerely, I don't know where to
> start, or what to do. I have a few recommendations, in form of
> firewall rules and sysctl tunable parameters.

Feel free to email the authors and discuss with them, or use this list.
The Wiki is a very easy way to contribute; just start by going to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ and make an account for yourself if you
don't have one yet.  The important thing is to get involved!  That's
what the Fedora community is all about.