Test of Docs Packaging

Tommy Reynolds Tommy.Reynolds at MegaCoder.com
Thu Oct 20 21:48:59 UTC 2005

Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:

> This may point to the need for our Makefile.common to provide a use case
> for a locally installed fedora-doc-common RPM.  IOW, pointing to (if
> it's available, or possibly if nothing else is available, or... some
> combination thereof?) /usr/share/fedora/doc/docs-common/* for supporting
> stuff with which to build docs "standalone" without CVS.  Does that make
> sense?

Not to me as a doc developer.  See, I've got to have CVS for my
document anyway, so I just may as well keep the ../docs-common stuff
checked out.  Why be "slightly pregnant"?

I keep envisioning only two use cases:

1) Developer -- eveything local from a CVS checkout, even if I don't
have CVS write permission.

2) End user, aka read-only -- install the RPM's and yelp away.

What am I missing?

Cheers