RFC: RPM Changelog thoughts

I'm looking at the RPM packaging steps that Paul has done.  AIUI, he
uses a small python script to pick the changelog information out of
the document's XML.  Cool idea.

My question is this: should we build the RPM changelog from the XML
content or from the CVS check-in log?  Using the XML info is way
cool, but we can get more file-specific information from the CVS log.
I think developers, er, RPM users, would like the additional details.

Opinions?

Cheers