commit log scraper

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Wed Sep 7 20:45:51 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-07 at 13:26 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> We are implementing a script that will look for certain keywords in
> commit logs, and finding one, Cc:'s the commit message to a particular
> mailing list.
>
> Our first implementation looks for *docs* and Cc:'s the commit log to
> relnotes at fedoraprojects.org.  The release notes beat writers can then
> decide which beat is appropriate for that note, pass it on to a
> particular guide or tutorial, or drop it as irrelevant.
>
> This script is live now.  Before we ask developers to start using it, we
> need to give them some guidelines of where, when, and why to use it.
>
> This page is a first pass at guidelines for developers on what to
> document:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WhatToDocument
>
> Please help fill out these guidelines.  We'll announce to the developers
> when we have enough of a guideline for them to follow.

Per IRC discussion, technical types tend to automatically read the *
character as the "any" wildcard, so instructions will have to clear that
developers need to use the exact string "*docs*".

If square brackets aren't appropriate, perhaps you could use **, e.g.
**docs** ?

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA