Minutes FDSCo 27 Sep 2005

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Sep 30 03:12:06 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 17:54 -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> FDSCo meeting
> irc.freenode.net, #fedora-docs

Thanks for filling in for me this week, and Paul will continue this for
the next few weeks as I got on some needed vacation.

> * FDP continues to pursue a toolchain that is both 100% free and in line
> with what the upstream DocBook developers are using.  Gavin is working
> with Tommy to find or create one or more suitable packages for a free
> toolchain and possibly entry into Fedora Extras.  FDP has not received
> any significant positive feedback for helping with FOP issues to date.

In the meantime, Tommy is pursuing a holdover tool using dblatex[1].
We'll use this until a) we get our entirely free Java toolchain working,
or b) the upstream DocBook maintainers take a different tack.

[1] http://dblatex.sf.net

                       Red Hat SELinux Guide