Project barriers (was Re: Self-Introduction: Chris Savage)

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Apr 1 15:44:16 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 10:36 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> > Of course I hadn't looked at Thunderbird... It appears that the versions
> > of Enigmail provided by the developer are often incompatible with
> > Thunderbird builds provided by Fedora, and there isn't a package in the
> > Fedora repositories for Enigmail.
>
> I looked into this too and discovered the same thing.  I wonder why no
> one has packaged it, seeing as how it's so useful?  Anyone interested in
> doing so?

Does it require repackaging in Fedora? Its is a trivially easy extension
to install. What we need is not packages but better documentation on
using GPG. write up a outline and post to the list and see if any of the
contributors listed
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Contributors) would be
interested in writing the document. We really need to focus on getting
simple documents done better.

Rahul