Project barriers (was Re: Self-Introduction: Chris Savage)

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 15:01:21 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-04-02 at 10:33 +0100, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-04-01 at 18:48 -1000, Edward Haddock wrote:
> > Aloha,
> >     I agree that signing emails is a good idea. In the doc I am writing
> > I have kept it in and am using the instructions on how to set it up from
> > the website.
>
> OK, thanks. I don't think it would be reasonable for it to be mandatory,
> but it's a good thing to do.
>
> As mentioned on the previous mail, I've done instructions for
> Thunderbird configuration. The Seahorse utility provides a graphical GPG
> tool that integrates with GNOME, if you'd like to offer an alternative
> to the command-line for users of that desktop.

I have Seahorse installed too, and it's very convenient, especially with
the Nautilus context menu "Encrypt/Decrypt File" functions it provides.

> BTW, it's common e-mail etiquette to post replies after the quoted mail,
> and some people in UNIX circles can be quite sharp about "top-posting",
> so watch out :).

We try not to slap any wrists around here, but sooner or later *someone*
was bound to say something. :-)  As you know, this is the "kindler,
gentler Fedora sub-project."