[Fedora Project Wiki] Update of "Docs/Drafts/SystemPlanningGuide" by SamFolkWilliams

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 27 22:30:06 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-04-27 at 09:24 -0400, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 01:45:05AM -0400, Debbie Deutsch wrote:
> > >

> > Yeah, I had been imagining a document that had its primary emphasis
> > getting someone who has lived in the world of Windows oriented and
> > comfortable.  That person might be a desktop user who has never
> > installed an operating system before.  The would anticipate the
> > inevitable incorrect assumptions before the reader stubbed his virtual
> > toes on them.  The document would be mostly about what the reader needs
> > to know and understand and not so much about how to perform any given
> > task.  As you say, that's what the installation guide is for.
> >
> > Debbie
> >

> Thanks for the feedback. Re-reading what I posted I realize that I got carried
> away with the bullets. ;)

Thanks to DocBook, we could easily combine the SPG, the IG, and many
other goodies into a combined set, making it easy to link across them.
Don't design to that end, but I thought it would be worth mentioning.
I'm really happy you guys are excited about this guide -- especially
since my own free time has been so short of late!