Suggestions for system home page

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Aug 12 23:26:43 UTC 2006

O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> On Wed, 2006-07-26 at 19:21 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
>> OK, I'll throw yet another idea on the table here. :)
>
> Great idea, sorry for the delay.
>
> We weren't sure that there was time to do this, but since we control the
> pieces, there really is no reason to delay.
>
> Dimitris - the mock-up you did in your Wiki space is _great_.  Bob
> Jensen is going to contact you, he is taking the lead in this.

Thanks. :) I could expand the wiki page with more sketches of the idea
and its goals, some details, a possible roadmap etc.

> Since Fedora Docs now fully controls /usr/share/doc/HTML/index.html (as
> part of the new fedora-release-notes package), we can make any changes
> we see fit.

Furthermore, *at any time* we see fit. Meaning, fixes, additions etc in
between releases if necessary. (Ahh.. The sweet taste of freedom!)

> I still want to get our other designers peer reviewing, but
> there is not reason we can't have a mock-up to approve by the end of
> this week and have the new page appearing in rawhide/devel next week.

I hope I can start working on this in a week or two, after returning
from vacations.

I'm not sure if we can expect a full docbook-based implementation for
FC6 (docbook in the long term *a must*, since localization of this page
is important.) Hopefully, we can hurry and create something good before
FC6. By "good" I mean sometihng in docbook (with L10Ns), with attention
in usability and design.

If we can't make it for a "full version" until FC6, we could fallback to
manually writing something in HTML and using the existing CSS with minor
tweaks.

-dim