Re: Focus on two guides for FC6 and a schedule

On Mon, 2006-08-14 at 15:53 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> A bonus would be getting both guides available
> for translation prior to the release.  I've updated the schedule to
> reflect this.  Our content is due into alpha/draft on 28 August (Wiki)
> or 30 August (XML in CVS):

I work best when given a deadline (focuses the mind). I will work with the
28 August date as my deadline. I have already done some changes via the Wiki. My EMACS/DocBook skills are still very basic, but I hope to be up-to-speed soon.

Paul W. Frields wrote:
I'd like to point out that it is VERY important that people read and
agree with the information in the DUG's Introduction, particularly
Assumptions.  If you don't see a skill listed there, avoid writing as if
the reader had it.  Those skills should be kept to a minimum because the
only people who will be interested in this guide are beginners to the
world of Linux.  If they are comfortable with computers, the DUG is
*NOT* going to do them a world of good.  It's more for Grandma, as I see
it.  Be gentle and inclusive!

Paul, I agree with your approach. We should keep the intended reader in mind. The English vocabulary should also avoid jargon as much as possible (my personal defect).

Paul, Cody, Damien, Matt: please review the changes I made so far and let me know if I'm on the right track. Unless instructed otherwise, I will continue to concentrate on the DUG.

John Babich
gpg key: 42AF1331