Wiki editing

Vladimir Kosovac vnk at mkc.co.nz
Fri Dec 8 04:43:32 UTC 2006

Karsten Wade wrote:
> Do you mind if I bounce this reply to the list, as written?  I was going
> to just do it, but I thought better of it.

Not at all - I am posting this to the list.
> On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 10:58 +1300, Vladimir Kosovac wrote:
>
>> Lots
>> of styling experiments mean that I update often, which further causes lots
>> of messages sent to subscribers.
>
> Try the Preview button.  It creates a preview of the change below the
> edit area.  More ideas below.
 I do but somehow I always come up with a new, better idea, just after
saving :-)

>>  * Is this generally annoying to subscribers?
>
> Depends.  Lots of short messages can be OK if they are various targeted
> changes.  That can be easier than slogging through a long, single edit
> of a large number of changes.  If you use the preview button or the
> sandbox style (see below), you can make it so that only substantive
> changes are saved.  Although we all make typos that have to be fixed,
> and there is the Trivial Change checkbox for that when submitting.
>
> These are the same methodologies
>
>>  * Is there a better place for trying out various formatting options
>> (perhaps I should just make a new page for this purpose?)
>
> Use your NameSpace (e.g. VladimirKosovac/) as a sandbox.  You can
> prototype entire trees of documents, then use ''More Actions: > Rename
> Page'' for each page to move it to Docs/Drafts/.

Yes, figured that earlier this morning and started already.

>>  * Should I bother you with this stuff or post such questions to the list?
>
> Yes. :)  I'm always happy to help directly, but there is an advantage to
> sending to the list.

OK then, I'll post to the list and CC quaid, so that both these are
accomplished.
.
.
Just kidding.

If anything, we all learn that there really aren't
> any bad questions, just unasked ones.  So, here's a recursive example.
>
> - Karsten

Thanks,

Vladimir