Call for updates - Release Notes

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Dec 15 14:55:23 UTC 2006

O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:
> On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 16:43 +0000, Miloš Komarčević wrote:
>> On 11/30/06, Dimitris Glezos <dimitris at glezos.com> wrote:
>>> O/H Lauri Nurmi έγραψε:
>>> There are some people currently looking into this. Basically, we'll try to
>>> separate the `po` file of the release notes from the other two because it's
>>> significantly  bigger. Unfortunately, it's not a trivial task because it affects
>>> packaging, so I can't say if we will be able to do it at this time. If not, then
>>> the separation will have to wait for FC7.
>>>
>>> Are there any other translators that would like to translate the messages of
>>> "Browser Start page" and "System -> About Fedora" but don't have the
>>> time/resources to translate the Release notes?
>> Yes please, this would be very much appreciated, as I already
>> mentioned on the list once.
>>
>> Serbian translation has had these parts (README, README-BURNING-ISOS,
>> About, homepage etc., everything except the huge RelNotes section)
>> ready for FC6. Unfortunately we just don't have the time and resources
>> to handle the big section in the few days between freeze and release,
>> and it doesn't make sense to work on it in the meantime since it will
>> change considerably.
>
> Sorry to be late to the thread here.  I am starting with the homepage
> and moving these into separate modules.  I'm confident this will work
> for an FC-6 update at some point (probably in January 2007), and we will
> use that model for release 7 and going forward.
>
> My plan is to modularize the following:
>
> release-notes - only that content from the Beats on the wiki
> readme - The standard descriptive README on CD/DVD #1
> readme-burning-isos - Helpful information for the mirrors on burning CDs
> about - The "About Fedora" menu item
> homepage - The browser splash HTML page

Paul,

the separation seems sensible. Thanks for putting effort into this; I'm sure
most of the translators will be happy to hear it.

> With the exception of "release-notes" (which already exists), I need
> someone to create these modules in i18n CVS for us to populate with POT
> once this work is done.  (I have an account there with write access, but
> if some additional ACL is used, please allow me to write to these
> modules.)

It would save us a lot of time if some people from the Docs team could have
access to the l10n tools directly, to avoid delays in the future. The less
bottlenecks the better.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos