Self-Introduction: Tony Crouch

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Feb 13 22:08:46 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 21:03 +1100, Tony Crouch wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Tony, welcome.

> Am just wanting to introduce myself to this list. I have been a user of
> Fedora for a number of years and am keen to get more involved. I am
> hoping that through this 'side' of Fedora development I may be able to
> lend a hand where possible. Regardless of the task meniality.

"Meniality"?  I dub thee a neologist! ;-)

> I will be the first to admit that I am still much of a fedora novice.

The Getting Started Guide (GSG) team has requested assistance:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/GettingStartedGuide

One of the guide's writer/editors is going to contact you back through
this list, initially, to get you started.  Target is a guide ready for
FC5, 15 March.

Many hands make light work.

As a bonus I'm offering to the GSG team:  if you make the 03 March 23:59
UTC freeze, I'll make sure your guides are available for translation for
the 15 March FC5 release.  Cross your fingers, it might even be through
http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status.

Some light reading to get you ready to write in the Wiki:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/WritingUsingTheWiki
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiEditing#Marking_Technical_Terms

Again, welcome, your hands shall be put to good use.  Whenever you see
anything else of interest, just dive right in.

Cheers - Karsten
Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject