Possible edits to the Overview wiki page

Stuart Ellis stuart at elsn.org
Sun Feb 19 13:45:53 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-19 at 01:03 -0600, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> On Saturday 18 February 2006 12:42, Stuart Ellis wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-02-18 at 12:49 -0500, Debra Deutsch wrote:
> > >
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > I have been staring at the Overview wiki page.  It is the very first
> > > page link in the project FAQ.  I am thinking of making some changes to
> > > make it more helpful and understandable to people who are very new to
> > > the open source community.  While I can see who has subscribed to the
> > > page, I can't tell who owns it.  (I thought page info would tell me
> > > that.)  So, I am posting here to see what people think about the
> > > possible edits.
> >
> > It was actually owned by the Marketing project, and the content was a
> > set of talking points - it may now serve a slightly different function.
> > The pages on the Wiki that are attached to a particular subproject have
> > Category[Project] at the bottom of the page.
>
> Actually, this page was never the "Talking Points" page.  It was originally
> created by Rahul Sundaram and myself.  Later, the talking points were
> integrated into this page since they are so similar in purpose.

OK, thanks for the correction - I recognised the content but wasn't sure
about the page itself.

General question arising from this: Now that the Ambassadors and
Websites initiatives exist, is "CategoryMarketing" still useful, or
should pages be recategorised ?

--

Stuart Ellis

stuart at elsn.org

GPG key ID: 7098ABEA
GPG key fingerprint: 68B0 E291 FB19 C845 E60E  9569 292E E365 7098 ABEA