Packaging progress

Patrick Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Mon Jan 2 07:44:55 UTC 2006

Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com>, spake thus:
>
> >  <docrevision date="2005-12-31" version="0.15">
> >    <author worker="me"/>
> >    <details>Style changes</details>
> >  </docrevision>
> >  <pkgrevision date="Sat Dec 31 2005" release="1">
> >    <author worker="me"/>
> >    <details>Update to 0.15</details>
> >  </pkgrevision>
> > This may be a case where it's good to sacrifice compactness on the altar
> > of comprehensibility.
>
> Since we simply disagree, let's just pick one, use it for a while,
> and then see which works better in the long run.  Since we have
> multiple solutions, let evolution take its course. Pick one.
>
> > Saw this, thanks.  For some reason I'm getting your mail to the list
> > really late, which is why my response is so delayed in real time.
>
> Yeah, I saw them arrive long after they were sent.
>
> Thank BellSouth for blocking all 25/tcp and 25/udp access unless its
> to their very own SMTP server.  They claim it is to help prevent
> relaying; they don't seem to believe there are other solutions.  At
> that, they're better than the Charter setup that's my only
> alternative.
>
> Cheers

You can call the customer service line and request an exemption from the
port 25 blocking.  I did this and had full port 25 privileges within
minutes.  In the case of their dynamic solutions, the exemption is
connected to your PPPoE login, so it follows your IP changes.

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64 at n-man.com

http://www.n-man.com/