release-notes FileSystems-it.xml, NONE, 1.1 ArchSpecific-it.xml, 1.1, 1.2 ArchSpecificPPC-it.xml, 1.1, 1.2 ArchSpecificx86_64-it.xml, 1.1, 1.2 ArchSpecificx86-it.xml, 1.1, 1.2 BackwardsCompatibility-it.xml, 1.1, 1.2 Colophon-it.xml, 1.1, 1.2 Data

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 21:03:04 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 08:36 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 15:25 +0800, Yuan Yijun wrote:
> > Did you find anything strange in the latest -en version? Such as
> > trademark tags are replaced by trademark characters, and the ulink
> > "OpenFirmware"? There are a lot of LOCALVER replaced by "Fedora Core 5
> > test1", too.

That has all been cleaned up.  Please use the content that has been
tagged FC-5-TEST2-TRANS-FREEZE.  You were looking at the markup before I
had cleaned it up.

> Although I don't know for certain, I'm pretty sure this is a result of
> the porting in of the wiki contents to XML.  The trademarks should be
> marked up on their first usage in the text with proper DocBook text,
> i.e.:
>
> ...<trademark class="registered">IBM</trademark> <trademark
> class="trade">eServer</trademark> <trademark
> class="trade">pSeries</trademark>...

True, except we do not put trademarks on anything.  Our legalnotice now
says:

  <para>
    All other trademarks and copyrights referred to are the property of
their
    respective owners.
  </para>

That covers everything, and is lawyer approved.

So, I removed the trademark characters and did not replace them with
markup.

Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject