CVS tag naming conventions

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 13:54:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 17:23 +0530, Sameer Niphadkar wrote:
> Hi guys,
> This is my 1st mail to the list. So here comes my customary introduction.

Greetings Sameer, thanks for introducing yourself!

>     * What do you want to write about?
>        Command line tools for Fedora - A GUI user guide

You might be interested in looking at the planned docs in
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts - these include a Getting
Started Guide, a Desktop Users Guide, a System Administration Guide, and
so on.  I think what you want to write about will fit nicely into one or
more of these existing documents.  You can help out wherever you feel
the most comfortable and ambitious.  :-)

>     * What other documentation do you want to see published?
>         Tracing mechanisms in Linux .

This sounds interesting.  Is it possible the Developers Guide is a good
place for this?  More information would be helpful, I think.

>     * Anything else special?
>       Adventure sports and travel

Hmm, how can we work this in to Fedora?  I've got it -- a "Cool Places
to Take Your Fedora Laptop" tutorial!  Well, OK, maybe after we finish
the core documentation...  :-)

>      * What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?
>        Articles on http://www.osnews.com and http://slashdot.org

Maybe you can join forces with Rahul in correcting some of the
misinformation we see floating around those sites every once in a while
in their Fedora previews. :-D

> Thanks , Work and feedbacks are welcome !

You should simply hop in where you feel comfortable.  You will find that
the FDP, like most open source projects, doesn't really hand out
assignment per se, but instead we rely on you to gauge your skills and
participate where you feel you have time and energy available.  Do as
much or as little as you like; if you have questions you can usually
find people on freenode.net IRC #fedora-docs, or you are ALWAYS free to
mail the list with questions.

Check out the resources above and see what you'd like to help with.
Contact the authors listed, let them know you'd like to help.  Let us
know by posting here if someone needs to add you to an editing access
list somewhere.  Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing
from you!