Welcome

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Wed Jan 18 20:11:42 UTC 2006

> We dont judge anyone by their introduction alone.

I don't judge anyone by their introduction at all. But I _do_ judge
people by their email habits. Gaurav top-posted, he used HTML for no
apparent reason, he had an idiotic and unenforceable (and badly
formatted) disclaimer on his email, and he seemed not to bother even to
punctuate his own output enough to make it easily readable. That kind of
thing I _do_ pay attention to -- not that my opinion necessarily
matters.

Gaurav, since I suspect you're new to using email I don't mean to be too
harsh -- I'd suggest reading any of the common references on how to use
email politely, known as 'netiquette'. One example of such is available
at http://david.woodhou.se/email.html

That one doesn't mention disclaimers because the pointlessness of those
is just common sense -- you're posting to a public list and you really
can't put that kind of restriction on the recipients unilaterally. You
achieve nothing except to advertise the stupidity of your management.
Personally, I just kick people off my lists immediately for such things.
But then, HTML mail wouldn't have made it to one of my lists in the
first place. This list is a kinder (and hence noisier) place.

--
dwmw2