Identity theft attempt?

David Fletcher fcdocs at fletchersweb.net
Mon Jan 23 23:38:36 UTC 2006

I set up an email box specifically for use with this email list just a few
days ago.

I submitted some work to the list on Friday that I've not yet had a response
to, but what puzzles me is that today I had a genuine email from paypal to
the normal address that I set up for use with ebay and paypal, asking me to
update my credit card details because it was about to expire.

Also today to the address I set up for this list only, I received two
fraudulent emails, claiming to be from paypal and Barclays, both also saying
that my card details were about to expire, and both having http links in the
email pointing to a server at 202.134.78.92.

Has anybody else had any emails like this? I have not used this address
anywhere but with the Documentation list.

Dave Fletcher

--
Registered Linux user number 393408