String "Revision History" untranslatable

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 7 03:13:46 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 01:43 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:
> > On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 13:43 +0100, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> I noticed that the string "Revision History" remains untranslated in the
> >> front page of the TQSD. It seems hardcoded in the xsl files.
> >>
> >> $ find . | xargs grep -o 'Revision History'
> >> ./docs-common/xsl/main-html.xsl:Revision History
> >> ./translation-quick-start-guide/translation-quick-start-el/index.html:Revision
> >> History
> >>
> >> $ grep 'Revision History' docs-common/xsl/main-html.xsl
> >
> > Hi Dimitris,
> >
> > You can translate this by editing the rpm-info.xml file directly in the
> > top level of each module.  I was idly wondering the other day whether
> > this should move into the ${PRI_LANG} directory for ease of translation.
> > I seem to recall we had it that way when we started and moved it outside
> > for some reason.  Maybe we didn't know what we were doing when we did?
>
> Paul, are you sure one can translate the actual string "Revision
> History" from inside rpm-info.xml? Not the revision history contents,
> just the string "Revision History".
>
> Quoting from my original message:
>
>  > It seems hardcoded in the xsl files.
>  > $ grep 'Revision History' docs-common/xsl/main-html.xsl
>  >    <a href="{concat('rv-',$id,$html.ext)}">Revision History</a>

Sorry Dim, I misunderstood your original message (I took "string" to
mean "element" by not paying close enough attention).  In fact, I am
sure that one CANNOT translate that string, for the exact reason you
provided.  If you have a solution in mind, I'm all ears!

     Fedora Project Board: http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board