Re: Make HTML encoding of docs UTF-8

O/H Patrick W. Barnes έγραψε:
On Wednesday 05 July 2006 14:55, Karsten Wade <kwade redhat com> wrote:
On Sun, 2006-07-02 at 22:51 -0500, Patrick W. Barnes wrote:
I don't see any reason we couldn't use UTF-8 for the HTML documents, and
I would support making that change.
IIRC, the issue we had in the past was that we were building UTF-8 but
httpd on fedora.redhat.com was serving it as the (default) ISO-8859-1.
This caused "funny characters" to appear only on pages built from our
DocBook outputted HTML wrapped with the PHP includes.

Is this not the case now?  Or am I totally on the wrong path?

If we can't provide UTF-8, I'd call that a bug. If we decide to push UTF-8, then the Infrastructure team can make sure that the websites can support it. We can try switching to UTF-8 and take any issues that arise to Infrastructure for correction.

+1

--
Dimitris Glezos
Jabber ID: glezos jabber org, PGP: 0xA5A04C3B