Fedora Installation Guide writer opening

Adam Moreland journo_bouy at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Jul 21 19:37:00 UTC 2006

Everyone,

Earlier i posted saying i too would like to be involved in writing this
guide. I have had much experience, as has been written in my self-intro ages
ago. I lurk, and am still keeping note of changes with the Games wikis that
i edit, though time has been short recently with studies at uni, being with
my wife, making money, and trying to develop my writing, by doing articles
for publication.

I know Rahul submitted my FC6 Test 1 review to Fedora Weekly News (FWN). I
have been keen to do some writing, but lack the technical aspect of the
writing. I can review and do technical install guides, and one need only
look at my ndiswrapper wireless guide (yes, yes i know it is taboo and
forbidden on fedora-docs hence not published), which will be submitted soon
to fedora unity project. In short i am a writer of many small articles, over
75 to be precise, inc technical, and freelance pieces.

I am really interested in doing a lot more work. I may be appearing to be
one of the 95% of 600+ people who dont get involved, but i am not. I didnt
really get on with cvs much, as i didnt understand its usage, as those who
helped when i first joined are painfully aware (Karsten, Paul, etc). I am
however keen and active as work allows, and to learn all i need to in order
to be an active writer/editor. Please accept this as an offer to do the
writing. Any editor who is willing to help refine my work to technical docs
standard, please guide me. Below i have just outlined my technical
background, just for those wishing to see if i am right for such a project.

Karsten, consider me a part of the team, or not, but i do wish to work and
be involved in both writing and wiki editing. I shall hope to devote more
time to this good project.

TECHNICAL:
* 75-odd articles published, inc 50+ for magazines, and newspapers, (Seen,
UNique, Northampton Union Times, ADDNews, Student Voice, Credenhill Parish
News, Poetry Week) and 25 technical articles, some self published under
GPL/OPL, on www.manix-place.co.uk, and www.2welshmen and a sheep.co.uk,
Fedora Weekly News, and Fedorazine
* proficient and skilled in Access databases, OpenOffice.org, MS Office,
Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Basic .Net, Visual C++ ver 6.0 (VS 6.0), Visual C++
.Net, C++, HTML and aspects of Perl.
* Blog writer, political commentator, and citizen journalist with strong
writing background
* Linux user (#417406) using Fedora Core 5, SuSE Linux 10.1, Ubuntu 6.06,
and tester of Fedora Core 6, with registered bugzilla account
* Active user on fedoraforum.org, with lots of technical knowedge learned
and passed on again

EDUCATION:
2004-2007 – University of Northampton – BA. (Hons) Media Studies
			Subjects Studied include Politics, Media, Law, Journalism
			Media Analysis, Editorial Practice
2003-2004 - Hereford Sixth Form College – A-Levels
			English Literature [B], General Studies [B], Computing [E]
2002-2003 – Hereford Sixth Form College – A/S Levels
			Drama and Theatre Studies [D], Critical Thinking [C]
1997-2002 - Haywood High School – 10 GCSE'S
			English Literature [A], I.C.T. [A], Religious Studies [A],
                        French [B], English Language [B], Mathematics [C]
			Biology [C], Chemistry [C], Physics [C], English [C]

Mr Adam L Moreland (MAniX) | Registered Linux User: #417406
BA (Hons) Media Studies, 2nd Year, UoN
WEB: http://www.manix-place.co.uk
BLOG:http://www.2welshmen-and-a-sheep.co.uk
****
System: Pentium 4 SKT478 2.8GHz Precott, AMD Athlon XP-M 2800+ | GPG Key:
AC230C32
****
pub 1024D/AC230C32 2006-05-21
Key fingerprint = 14F4 50F5 806C 25A5 B33C C2BF 982C 87B7 AC23 0C32
uid Adam Moreland (MAniX)
sub 2048g/A471FCE7 2006-05-21
****