Fedora Installation Guide writer opening

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 14:19:37 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 19:37 +0000, Adam Moreland wrote:
[...snip...]
> I am really interested in doing a lot more work. I may be appearing to be
> one of the 95% of 600+ people who dont get involved, but i am not. I didnt
> really get on with cvs much, as i didnt understand its usage, as those who
> helped when i first joined are painfully aware (Karsten, Paul, etc). I am
> however keen and active as work allows, and to learn all i need to in order
> to be an active writer/editor. Please accept this as an offer to do the
> writing. Any editor who is willing to help refine my work to technical docs
> standard, please guide me. Below i have just outlined my technical
> background, just for those wishing to see if i am right for such a project.
>
> Karsten, consider me a part of the team, or not, but i do wish to work and
> be involved in both writing and wiki editing. I shall hope to devote more
> time to this good project.
[...snip...]

Adam, we *do* appreciate your efforts.  Besides, 5% of 600+ is at least
30 people, and we definitely want you on that list!  Don't take any
previous comments as directed at anyone in particular, I just wanted to
make Karsten feel better. :-)

Just because you don't grasp CVS fully right now, doesn't mean you can't
learn.  I was very tentative about it when I joined at first, and now
it's old hat.  People are available to help you -- that's why we hang
around on Freenode IRC at #fedora-docs.  If you'd rather drop mail to
this list, we can help you there too.

If you'd like to learn more about CVS, here's a couple places to start:

Concepts:  http://producingoss.com/html-chunk/vc.html
Practice:  http://ximbiot.com/cvs/manual/cvs-1.11.22/cvs_1.html#SEC1