Suggestions for system home page

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 27 17:47:35 UTC 2006

Dimitris Glezos wrote:

> I agree.
>
> Nevertheless, I believe we should probably not dismiss the idea of
> having a box *somewhere* to be able to notify users of something
> important. Having it at the home page of the browser is much less
> annoying than a pop-up in the notification area for example. Also,
> giving the user the choice of information level (important news,
> security notices, nothing at all) would ensure minimum annoyance levels.
> Of course, again, these require scripting, so they remain just future
> ideas for now.

I am not dismissing the idea but it goes beyond a simple text page to
pull in updates like that. Copying Luke Macken (the guy behind our
updates system) to see if there is anything we can do about this now. ON
the other hand, if you can work on this or a "Welcome Application" I
think that would be quite useful.

Rahul