CVS not working !

Patrick W. Barnes nman64 at n-man.com
Mon Jun 5 23:59:11 UTC 2006

On Friday 02 June 2006 01:50, Ankitkumar Rameshchandra Patel
<ankit at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a CVS account on cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/docs . Earlier i used
> to work with the docs-common module. Today i tried to checkout the same
> module but it gave me the "REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION CHANGED" error.
> Then i removed the entry for cvs.fedora.redhat.com from
> ~/.ssh/known_hosts file. Then again i tried to checkout the same module
> and i got "permission denied" error.
>
> Here is the output :
> ============
> [ankit at ankit ~]$ export CVSROOT=:ext:ankitp at cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/docs
> [ankit at ankit ~]$ export CVS_RSH=ssh
> [ankit at ankit ~]$ cvs co docs-common
> For more information on using the Fedora source code repositories,
> please visit http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UsingCvs
> Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
> cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages
> if any)
> [ankit at ankit ~]$
> ============
>
> Can somebody please help me to resolve this issue?

First, you've got the wrong account name in your CVSROOT.  You're in the
Account System as 'ankit', not 'ankitp'.  Second, you're not a member of the
'cvsdocs' group in the Account System.

You can check out anonymously by adjusting your CVSROOT, or you can submit a
full self-introduction to this list, request membership in the 'cvsdocs'
group and correct your CVSROOT to include the correct account name.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/NewWriters
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/CvsUsage

--
Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes