Fedora Gaming Writings: neverputt

Hugo Cisneiros hugo at devin.com.br
Fri Jun 23 13:22:44 UTC 2006

On Thursday 22 June 2006 17:36, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 15:38 -0300, Hugo Cisneiros wrote:
> The correct link is http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Games/neverputt

Thanks for correcting

> and it
> looks pretty good. It would be better if we can keep the general
> information provided on top synced automatically from the package to
> keep it up to date. Manually doing so for a package that is frequently
> updated is going to keep hard - ex: package size. How about just
> providing a link to repoview instead for the current versions of Fedora?

There are problems with this:

 * repoview is not always updated (right now for example, many games are
missing)

* when a game changes its version, the repoview link for the game changes too.
Linking to the index page on repoview is not practical for detailed game
pages. The index page on repoview is already created on /wiki/Games

* repoview page only contains the installed size

* All the information will be used in a Fedora Gaming Guide (formal
documentation) and it is preferable that we do not use external links.

* Games tend not to change its download/install size frequently. Only on major
changes (less frequently). They are not frequently updated too :-)

* There is no good way to sync these informations automatically from the rpm
file and putting into Wiki/Docbook/etc.

> Do you plan to include a copy of this document within the package itself
> (README.Fedora)?

Good idea, later this could be discussed with the Extras SIG on Games:

   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/SIGs/Games