Tip a day

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Mar 30 16:34:30 UTC 2006

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> Someone suggested earlier in fedora-devel list that we have a Fedora
> welcome screen on first login for new users to guide them. One of the
> usual inclusions in such things is a tip a day feature like those KDE
> has for example.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

A slightly related idea that occurs to me from time to time
is that there might be an extension to the "man" command
that allows examples (of usage of the command in question)
to be appended to the usual man page,
with some wiki-system for collecting examples.

But that is really a different issue...

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366