Re: Linux kernel changes on the release notes

Uttered Karsten Wade <kwade redhat com>, spake thus:

> On-system documentation is very valuable, that is, manual and info
> pages.  What role do the release notes play in on-system documentation?
> Can/should they be useful in a non-network situation?
>
> The release notes can give a location to list bugs fixed, bugs known,
> and latest information that could not make it into package
> documentation.  Should it do that?

Let's ask one question before this one:

	"When do YOU read the release notes?"

1) Anaconda-install time: no links, just blurb about online
   availability. (Idle curiosity.)

2) Before I decide to install: yes, yes, yes! (Engineering approach.)

3) Never: add link to "http://microsoft.com/"; ;-) (Education ;-)

4) When something that worked before breaks: yes, yes, yes!
   (Harried/confident developer.)

5) Before I turn the system over to my clients: just a blurb.
   (SysAdmin role.)

HTH

--
I'm already an anomaly, I shall soon be an anachronism, and I have
every intention of dying an abuse!