Re: Coreutils POSIX changes not documented in release notes

Uttered Tommy Reynolds <Tommy Reynolds MegaCoder com>, spake thus:

> Uttered "Paul W. Frields" <stickster gmail com>, spake thus:
> > On Wed, 2006-03-08 at 14:07 -0500, Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:
> > > I was all excited about upgrading some servers to FC5, and this stops
> > > that upgrade cold until every one of hundreds of locally written scripts,
> > > some two decades old, are audited and "fixed."
> Doesn't belong in release notes; this is an application porting
> issue.  Release Notes is not for migration topics, but differences
> from the FC{n-1} version.
> Upgraders, si!  Migrators, no!
> NOTABUG is my position.

Although differences in the POSIXLY_CORRECT handling from a prior
version would be perfectly apropos.

--
I'm already an anomaly, I shall soon be an anachronism, and I have
every intention of dying an abuse!