Re: Coreutils POSIX changes not documented in release notes

Bill Rugolsky Jr. wrote:

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 06:42:17PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

This seems unrelated to the man page entry you quoted. Can you find more information on this and provide us the content?

I don't mean to be an ass, but do you read before you mouth off?  Judging by
the fedora-* list traffic, no.
It would be help to be more courteous than that. Not sure what the reference on fedora mailing list traffic is all about. Feel free to mail me offlist about that.

Let's try again:

      1003.1-2001.  For example, if you have a newer system but are running
      software that assumes an older version of POSIX and uses `sort +1' or
      `tail +10', you can work around any compatibility problems by setting
      `_POSIX2_VERSION=199209' in your environment.

Sorry, I'm cranky.  Now I have to go put a wrapper around coreutils and
log old-style arguments.

The exact same text appears in the earlier Fedora Core versions info manuals. I am just puzzled at what has changed between FC4 and rawhide versions now.

--
Rahul