Self-Introduction: Robert F. Chapman

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 9 14:13:28 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-03-09 at 00:41 -0800, Robert F. Chapman wrote:
> Robert F. Chapman
> California, USA

Welcome, Robert.  If anything, I'm always happy to see more Fedora folks
from California, sometimes I get lonely thinking the Fedora community is
happening all over the world but right here. :)

Our first questions for folks are:

Do you want to receive direction of a part of the project to start
working on?  Specific tasks or a short-list of needs?

Or do you prefer to dive in, fish around, and choose your own way?

Some more comments ...

>   Goals:
>          Help make a difference in the Linux Community.
>          Give something back for all that has been gained from the many
> contributors of Linux/Redhat Distro.
>          Too many times when reading documentation for the Fedora
> Project, I have come across grammatical/spelling errors.  For the most
> part, I think all that have contributed have done a great job. I have
> often wanted to send little snippets for correction, but don't know who
> to send it to..

I like your solution!  Can't figure out who in the community can solve
these problems, so you become one of the solvers instead.

>          I would like to learn more about the process of distributed
> documentation creation/maintenance, where more than one person is
> working on a document.  Also I would like to learn more about "Docbook"
> and the methods used to create CSS enriched content documents.

You definitely came to the right place.  Have you seen this starter
page?

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/NewWriters

Our Documentation Guide is about three days from beginning a major
overhaul, led by Paul W. Frields (with me as the sidekick); it is
largely accurate in some areas, wildly out of date in others, but it is
the basis for what we use to teach DocBook and distributed working:

http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/documentation-guide/
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/DocumentationGuide (scratch
space)

Thanks, and again, welcome,

Content Services                          Fedora Documentation Project
http://www.redhat.com/docs   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject