Minutes of FDSCo Meeting 14 March 2006

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 04:15:02 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 20:42 -0600, Patrick Barnes wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 March 2006 18:28, Stuart Ellis <stuart at elsn.org> wrote:
> >
> > * Karsten: The Jargon Buster contains content that cannot be relicensed
> > under the OPL, as the contributor has not given their consent to
> > relicensing. This content will need to be replaced.
> >

> We actually already have a document that serves the same purpose and was
> created completely independently of the Jargon Buster.  It is much smaller,
> but we could easily expand it to be a larger and more comprehensive document
> to replace the Jargon Buster.  It is powered by the FedoraDict page, which
> could be a blessing or a curse.  If that is a problem, it would be trivial to
> fix.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ/Glossary
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraDict

FWIW, I have also finished replacement of the offending material in the
Jargon Buster.  The resulting document is eligible for relicensing under
the OPL.

I would love to see a single-source version of this document, provided
that it can be packaged as an RPM for use on non-connected systems.  For
right now that probably means we need to wait for a better (and two-way)
conversion system between the Wiki and CVS for happily combining these
two glossaries.

I am betting that it wouldn't be beyond reason to have a nice Python
utility that could output DocBook to MoinMoin and simply do an HTTP POST
to update the Wiki appropriately.  Hmm...