Re: Tip a day

> Someone suggested earlier in fedora-devel list that we have a Fedora
> welcome screen on first login for new users to guide them. One of the
> usual inclusions in such things is a tip a day feature like those KDE
> has for example.
>
> We might be able to expand the scope of this if we have a place to
> submit tips and then collect, review and edit them and then display the
> published ones in the website with a different tip everyday. The best
> ones can be included later within the distribution if we have a welcome
> screen feature in a future release. Comments?

For that matter, the Wiki has the [[RandomQuote]] function which might
be useful for this purpose.  If we also used the [[Include]] function,
this could be done on either the front page or another appropriate page
on the wiki, and/or we could use the wiki page as a retrievable target
for the said app in the distro, using GtkHtml etc. to render the
content... too... many... possibilities...