Tip a day

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 30 19:05:58 UTC 2006

> Hi
>
> Someone suggested earlier in fedora-devel list that we have a Fedora
> welcome screen on first login for new users to guide them. One of the
> usual inclusions in such things is a tip a day feature like those KDE
> has for example.
>
> We might be able to expand the scope of this if we have a place to
> submit tips and then collect, review and edit them and then display the
> published ones in the website with a different tip everyday. The best
> ones can be included later within the distribution if we have a welcome
> screen feature in a future release. Comments?

Lovely idea.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/TipADay

Seems like an easy place to write, edit, and gather them.

If anyone is interested, here is a great project idea that could use a
lead writer and some others to help.  You don't need to be an expert,
just enthusiastic and likes reading mailing lists for ideas. ;)

Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/