Introduction

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue May 9 22:52:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-07 at 22:50 -0300, Hugo Cisneiros wrote:

> - As we are creating parallel documentation in Brazilian Portuguese, we
> don't know if it'll be necessary in the main project. So we'll be
> mirroring the FDP system (from cvs) to another host and begin working in
> it the same way we would work in the official one. I'll be setting this
> infraestructury shortly.

I encourage you to use the Fedora infrastructure at
cvs.fedoraproject.org.  You get:

* CVS, hosted, supported, backed-up, don't have to worry about it
* Account system that requires people to sign a CLA
  - This means you can more easily license the work under the OPL
  - Which means easy integration into FDP
* Existing documentation on how to get an account, use the CVS, etc.
* Instant updates to the toolchain

If the transit over the Internet is too slow ... perhaps there is a way
you can work distributed?  Maybe you could use git/mercurial instead,
although we haven't looked at that at all for FDP.  But maybe we should.

Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/