Spanish Installation Guide

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed May 17 21:15:38 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-05-17 at 05:10 -0400, "Guillermo Gómez S." wrote:
> Manuel Ospina wrote:
> > In short, these are the steps:
> >
> > 1. Download the packages from the repository:
> >
> > export	CVSROOT=:ext:username at cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/docs
> > cvs co docs
> >
> Done (docs-common and instal-guide in my workstation)
> > 2. Change the OTHERS macro in the Makefile to include es:
> >
> >         OTHERS = it pt_BR es -> done
> >

> > 3. Make a new PO file for es:
> >
> >         make po/es.po -> done
> > 4. Translate es.po using kbabek or gtranslator.
> >
> Tried some lines and went for a check with make html -es (following the
> info at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Translation).
> Got some errors, and stopped translating:
>
> Type 1 error
> I/O error : Attempt to load network entity
> http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd
> /home/gomix/workspace-fedora/install-guide/en_US/fedora-install-guide.xml:12:
> warning: failed to load external entity
> "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.4/docbookx.dtd"
> ]>

Are you able to reach that URL with a browser?

> Type 2 error
> No template for "/book/bookinfo/revhistory" (or any of its leaves) exists
> in the context named "title" in the "en" localization.

You can safely ignore this warning, although anyone who wants to chime
in and/or quiet this warning down would be rewarded. (With additional
work, no less.)

> Type 3 error
> No template matches xi:include in book.
> Type 4 error (final)
> make: *** No rule to make target
> `/home/gomix/workspace-fedora/install-guide/../docs-common/common/entities/entities-es.ent',
> needed by `es/fdp-entities.ent'.  Stop.

We probably need an "es" translation for the entities.  Go to
docs-common/common/entities, and read the README.txt there for
instructions on how to add a new locale.  Once you perform those steps,
the entities will be there for everyone to use, so thank you in
advance! :-)