Inconsistency in yum-software-management translation

Tommy Reynolds megacoder at gmail.com
Fri May 19 03:10:56 UTC 2006

On 5/18/06, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-05-18 at 18:00 -0500, Tommy Reynolds wrote:
> > Doesn't seem to break anything, so I'll apply it.
> > Paul, what exactly does avoiding the symlink accomplish?
> I didn't do a very good job of explaining my theory, apparently. :-(

Let not your heart be troubled.  I understood what you were
working toward about the entities.  What I didn't understand
was why the patch avoided XML2PO expanding the
entities.  Then I looked harder: it's the old "relative pathnames
are resolved relative to the location of the referencing document"
issue; right?  Because the dirname of the referenced file has now
changed, XML2PO doesn't find the right entities, so they
just don't get expanded, right?

This hack makes my stomach ache, but I'll leave it alone
for now.