Self-Introduction: Adam Moreland

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon May 22 20:15:15 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-05-21 at 20:19 +0000, Adam Moreland wrote:
> Hey,
>
> First question has to be how and where to get started. I am eager and
> willing and all help is greatly appreciated!! And thanks for the welcome,
> much appreciated. :-)

Sorry, I was out in the garden yesterday and missed my chance to give
you a first welcome and where to go from here.  But welcome anyway. :)

We suffer from a scatter of information.  Work is underway to make it
better, the old carpenter's leaky roof syndrome I suppose.

This page has much of what you need to start:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/NewWriters

* Link to draft documents you can join with (Docs/Drafts)
* Link to document ideas that (DocsProject/DocIdeas)
* Pointers to what you need for doing DocBook XML in CVS

You need a Fedora account:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem

When you get to the point of asking for 'cvsdocs' group access through
admin.fedoraproject.org, make sure to alert me directly ... I'm not
getting my account request email.  There are a few others who have
permissions to give cvsdocs access,as well.

Wiki is best for short documents, collaboration with the unXMLified,
fast changes, and often just plain collaboration in general.

Right now XML is our target format for longer works, since it gives us
the most flexibility in output and styling.

- Karsten, 'quaid' on #fedora-docs
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/