trans automation (i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sun May 28 13:19:53 UTC 2006

Many of you may be aware of the translation tools the Fedora Translation
uses, particularly:

http://i18n.redhat.com/cgi-bin/i18n-status

Because that webapp needs to be on the same machine as the CVS, we
cannot interact directly with cvs.fedoraproject.org and our own PO/POT
files.

For FC5, we tried for having someone manually load PO/POT into their CVS
and making it available through that webapp, which didn't quite come
together.

Currently, the team internal to Red Hat who owns that infrastructure has
committed to working with Fedora Infrastructure to get the CVS
repository and webapp migrated over to *.fedoraproject.org.  I have not
seen a timeline for this.

Translators, Bob -- make sure I get back with a timeline and other
details following the Red Hat Summit next week.

Thanks - Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE *    Sr. Editor   * http://people.redhat.com/kwade/
Fedora Documentation Project http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject

Learn. Network. Experience open source.
Red Hat Summit Nashville  |  May 30 - June 2, 2006
Learn more: http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/