cvs - error / help

Adam Moreland journo_bouy at hotmail.co.uk
Wed May 31 11:27:10 UTC 2006

Ok,

I have had a look again. I have been following instructions from here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/CvsUsage
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/CvsHelp
and have had a look at ones from here:
http://www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraCVS
cvs.fedora.redhat.com/core.shtml

I have followed the instructions *exactly* as written here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/CvsHelp
and i get this error:
[root at localhost adam_laura]# cvs co docs-common
For more information on using the Fedora source code repositories,
please visit http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UsingCvs
Permission denied (publickey,keyboard-interactive).
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

and when i set my email (replacing ext:pfrields at cvs.fedora.redhat.com) in
~/.bashrc it takes ages with no output before returning:
[root at localhost adam_laura]# cvs co docs-common
ssh: connect to host hotmail.co.uk port 22: Connection timed out
cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if
any)

The content of ~./bashrc is this:
# .bashrc
export CVSROOT=:ext:journo_bouy at hotmail.co.uk:/cvs/docs
export CVS_RSH=ssh

# User specific aliases and functions
alias rm='rm -i'
alias cp='cp -i'
alias mv='mv -i'

# Source global definitions
if [ -f /etc/bashrc ]; then
	. /etc/bashrc
fi

I apologise for such a long email. If it is easier just point me to a wiki
that can explaini how to use cvs and how to access for read/write access. I
just want to get on and help out where i can. Also if anyone has any ideas
where to start or where help is needed, i can direct my efforts there.

I thank all for patience in this matter, i know my original posts have been
less than helpful. I hope this provides all information needed. I have my
gpg key and ssh key file, but i know very little about cvs and ssh and how
to access the system. I do however know a lot about editing and am good at
English, as well as being a Media Studies student, so i do hope to be
helpful, as well as a pain.

Best Wishes and many thanks,

Mr Adam L Moreland (MAniX) | Registered Linux User: #417406
BA (Hons) Media Studies, 2nd Year, UoN
****
System: Pentium 4 SKT478 2.8GHz Precott, AMD Athlon XP-M 2800+ | GPG Key:
AC230C32
****
pub 1024D/AC230C32 2006-05-21
Key fingerprint = 14F4 50F5 806C 25A5 B33C C2BF 982C 87B7 AC23 0C32
uid Adam Moreland (MAniX)
sub 2048g/A471FCE7 2006-05-21
****