Self Introduction : Ginu George

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Nov 13 20:23:30 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 21:16 -0600, ginu at ginugeorge.com wrote:
> Dear Team,
>
> I am Ginu George, working as a Team Lead for Technical Publications and
> Knowledge Management, currently with Ernst & Young in India. I was documenting
> software products for the last 6 years in various platforms. I think ( am not
> remembering the exact nos) i did documentations for nearly 80 projects and
> reviewed and edited other 200 projects.

Excellent, welcome.

> Rightnow am doing RHCE, to make me confident in Linux. I would like to
> initiate
> a Free Documentation Foundation (http://www.freedocumentation.org) for
> documenting and archiving all the free
> software/open source products documents, which includes Users Guide,
> Installation and Configuration, Knowledge Bases, Training Manuals,
> Maintanance,
> Operations Management etc. This in my long term plan to make all free software
> manuals to be available for general public for free and keep on updating with
> new relases. I hope so many people will come up to join this initative, so we
> can edit and maintain that later. (this is long term plan)
>

> This is going to be my third initative and the second one, KnowGenesis
> (knowgenesis.org and knowgenesis.net) is a great success. Stallman is one of
> our Advisor for the International Journal for Technical Communication. For
> KnowGenesis we are training people in the field of Technical Communication and
> Knowlede Management to make the foundation a helping hand in open research and
> free media iniatives.

Thank you for joining us.  Fedora is very interested in being both
upstream and downstream providers of content.  In the downstream case,
we want to contribute in meaningful ways back up to common documentation
bases.  Right now we can do that by e.g. editing documentation from
upstream.  We are not actively doing this as a group, but could be.
Tools would help here.

As upstream providers, we want to provide a common Fedora documentation
base that can be reused for Fedora derivatives.  Additionally, we are
providing a Fedora-based toolchain that is a full documentation editing
system (SCM + Wiki + XML + CMS) ... doing that one piece at a time.

This sounds compatible with your ideas and activities, perhaps?

Cheers - Karsten
--
Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project