Self-Introduction: Jason Cross

Jason Cross jjacross at mchsi.com
Tue Oct 31 03:53:26 UTC 2006

Self Introduction:
Jason Aaron Cross
Waite Park, Minnesota, USA

*Job: Linux Systems Administrator
*Company (University): St. John's University, Collegeville, Minnesota
*Your goals in the Fedora Project:
I'd like to write documentation, but I'd also like to be helpful to
others in the Fedora Documentation Project as well.  I can review
documentation for technical accuracy and edit it for clarity.  So
whatever needs attention right now is what I'd like to work on.  I'm
completely up for suggestions concerning what I should start working on
first.

Historical qualifications:
*What other projects or writing have you worked on in the past?
I'm the only Linux system administrator at the university where I work
so I'm responsible for all levels of Linux service and support from Help
Desk to Desktop Administration to Server Administration.  I spend a fair
amount of time listening to users' needs and problems which I address
accordingly.  Quite often that involves writing short mini-howtos for
the professors to pass onto lab assistants or students.
*What level and type of computer skills do you have?
I have a Bachelor of Arts in Computer Science from the university where
I am currently employed (St. John's University).  I'm an entirely
self-taught Linux system administrator and have used Linux for my own
personal use since I was in high school.
*What other skills do you have that might be applicable? User interface
design, other so-called soft skills (people skills), programming, etc.
I'm an experienced Java programmer and am also comfortable in Perl.
*What makes you an excellent match for the project?
I find it rewarding to help others learn and use Linux.  I've converted
or at least introduced many of my friends to Linux.  I hope that by
contributing to the Fedora documentation project I can help even more
people learn and use Linux.

*GPG KEYID and fingerprint:
jcross at lin1.cs.csbsju.edu 4% gpg --fingerprint C316B741
pub   1024D/C316B741 2006-10-28 [expires: 2007-10-28]
      Key fingerprint = 72BB 6B41 08D7 422C C440  0C68 0282 5153 C316 B741
uid                  Jason Aaron Cross (Fedora Docs Project)
<jjacross at mchsi.com>
sub   2048g/6D5857E2 2006-10-28 [expires: 2007-10-28]